Saturday, May 9, 2009

Time does not Fly !

Hey Man!
That is what my mom said now, time does not go by fast when you are trying to recover from an operation such as this. She said even at night she needs someone to come in to adjust her and to move her and to fix things all concerning her chest. She does keep repeating that she would never have gone through with this knowing what she knows now. I am very glad I didn't tell her that i saw the documentary about heart operatins and it was very graphic showing everything that's done when they operate on your heart. The way they cut you wide open to get in there to move that heart around. Wow! It really is some procedure that they perform on you. She is still going through quite a bit of stuff now too. They are removing a pump that is in her neck today. She said that is very uncomfortable to deal with along with the other things that she isdealing with. Still one of the first things she said was that my sister Dolly has not been there to see her yet. Now her daughter Toni has been there so that is a real plus since she hasn't been there. She does live in Melbourne and that is around four hours away. Also she said she would go home when it's time with mom to help her get used to being at home again. The way it looks is that it will be awhile before she is able to go home and take care of herself. Since not only is there the heart condition but mom has bad legs and it is very hard for her to get around. So she has a few things that she will have to deal with. She also has a live in houseman that takes care of things too. He will lift her in and out of her chair and supposedly will clean the house also, but it look's like he has given that job up which should not be. Mom does take care of his food and he has his own room and she makes sure he has the necessity's of life in order to get by. This is really the time that I wish I lived close by. I know I could do alot for mom especially since I am home and I have the time to take care of my mom. I want to go visit but if I just jump into it then I won't be able to stay long and then I won't be able to go back right away if I need to either. My court is coming up in the middle of next week so then I will know if I will be able to continue life with a smile or not. I mean I have damaged my foot permanently and I can't work like I used to in the hotel business. At my age I was a real work horse, I kept up with the best of them no matter what their age. After 19 1/2 years at that hotel I really miss it alot. I miss the guests and the people I worked with alot. That was my second home for sure. And now I have a club foot since that thing fell on my foot. I was only two years away from early retirement too. Good thing I don't believe in luck or I would be thinking about how bad it is, wow... I pray for my mom to get better and to not feel the pain and discomfort and I do pray for myself to find my way. When I go to the court there should be things in place that do take care of me at least until my retirement age which is only in two to five years. I am very thankful for the wonderful privilege we all have to pray to our heavenly father.

No comments:

Post a Comment