Sunday, August 16, 2009

Tubing with the Buddies!

Hey Man!
We all went tubing to the Abbott's Tubing and Rafting. It was a great day, the sun was out and it was hot, and the water was like an ice cube. They said no matter what time of the year the water stays icy cold. Brrrrrrr. But after awhile it got bearable. A couple people actually dove into the water, I was afraid I would get the grand-daddy of heart attacks if I dove in that icy cold water. We had a great time floating down or up the river whatever the right words are. We even had our three year old grandson with us and that was really a great time. Mimi took care of him the entire time of the tubing exhibition. I was suppose to help but somehow my tube would not steer her way to pick up the boy, oh my. Then after we got home we were going to spend some time at our community pool but the other group took too long to get there so we ended up going home and when they came we let them have the key so they all could go to the pool for some more swimming. We all took a nap along with our grandson. But then our son-in-law came over to pick him up instead of his mother, our daughter. That was very awkward since they are going through a divorce and he was telling his side of the story to my wife and myself. So we gave him the listening ear that he seemed to have wanted. He said how sorry he was about everything but this is what has happened. It was very sad to listen to since divorce is always a very sad experience for all involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment