Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Two days After the Operation!

Hey Man!
We kept calling my mom and taking messages and planning trips all day. Now the next day is here and we are still manning the phones calling each other about how our mom is doing. She is still holding onto her strong will to live. And it is reallt a strong will to keep living on. My mom is 80 and she wants all the possible years that are coming to her. She really believes that God has many more years in store for her still. She is not ready to go. She has now passed on that will to me and I believe to my sister and that is so very important. It is a valuable thing to hear about too. That will to live no matter what. She is not living in luxury either. She has alot of worries every day also. But no matter what she wants to get through it and to live on. Wow! I am so proud of her since this was really a surprise to me and really to all of us. She got very excited when she heard that we all got very excited and got a real boost when we found that she really wants to live. My mother when she was in her early 20's tried to commit suiside. At that time she had everything, including a new car every year, she lived in a big house and she also had servants to take care of all her needs. She was very spoiled with all that she ever wanted. So today I waited for my sister who went to visit her to call me with the information but she has not called me yet. With the privacy act they still can't call us with any vital information. But she is eating somewhat and they did discuss some foods and receipes. She loves to tell people how they are suppose to cook something. Her Italian dishes are so delicious and really powerful. Yum! So I am back to waiting to hear from my sister and then my other sister is going to visit her right after work at around six o'clock tonight. Yeah! My brother is also planning the trip too. The nurse did tell me that she will stay in ICU all of today. There are several things that could turn things around very quickly. So it is good that she stays where she is now because they watch her every move. Life for all of us seems to stop though since we are now left on hold. Waiting to see what the next steps there is for mom now. We do need to keep ourselves on ready so in a moments notice we could be there by her side. Too bad it takes a ten day notice to get the good price for a plane ticket. You hate to think about cost at these times but in reality you just have too. Like you have to figure who will go and who really can't go either. Now I am also hearing that storms are coming through the area right now. So now not only will I go back to listening to any break in her health but I will be on a tornado watch also. People also gain some religion that before had none. If anything could be a little funny at this time it's my poor my thinking about her religion. She was raised a Catholic, even went to catholic school. So since she has a belief in hell being a place where the bad go to burn everlasting. She said she really isn't ready to die since if she did at this time she believes that she may be headed for that place, so she would like a little time to make a better name for herself so she could avoid going to that place they call hell. Things like that make my poor mom just a little more scarred than she should be. We all said our prayers for her and we continue the watch for mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment